Thursday 26 July 2012

Feastro

Today was a treat.  Not only did I get to meet up with some very good friends for lunch, but I finally got to try Feastro!  The food was definitely yummy in my tummy good.

I had been tempted by the plethera of tacos, but wasn't convinced that they would fill me up, so I opted for their Bonsai Prawn platter.  It was heavenly!  It tasted like they'd cooked tomatoes in olive oil and garlic and then mixed in rice and prawns.  My favourite part was the skewer of grilled pineapple on top of the rice and prawns.  Definitely filling and scrumptious.

My friends opted to try a variety of the tacos.  They loved all of them, they looked very yummy to me, they were bigger than I thought, and I officially conclude that two tacos would have filled me up for lunch.

The bonus to this food cart?  They take VISA.  The downside?  It's a bit pricey, they don't include HST in their prices and it was a bit of a wait to get your food.  My meal cost $13 plus HST, and two tacos would have been $16 plus HST.  So, if you ordered two tacos and a bottle of water for lunch, your meal was over $20.

The cart is in a great location near the Olympic cauldron.  There were lots of shaded and unshaded seat options for your bum's pleasure.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment