Sunday 26 August 2012

Holy Perogy

My sister and her boyfriend were in town for the weekend, so we decided to check out the Food Cart Fest at the Waldorf Hotel.  Talk about a great event!  Plus, a great way to check out a bunch of food carts all at once.  The only unfortunate part about it, was that the line-ups were out of control.  I'm pretty sure that it took over 30 minutes for me to get my food.

But enough about timing, on to the food!  I'd heard rumour of Holy Perogy and was very excited to see them there.  I'd had a late and sizeable morning snack, so I decided that two snacks would make a lunch.

I ordered their classic cheese perogies, which came with fried onions and sour cream, and I added sausage.  I don't know if it was the fact that it took so long to get them, or the fact that they didn't match up to Cecil's perogies, but I was a little disappointed.  Don't get me wrong, they were tasty perogies and a solid sized snack, but for $8 plus $2 for the little amount of sausage I got, I was expecting a bit more.

Conclusion?  If you're in the mood for perogies, I don't think you'd be disappointed by Holy Perogy, but I also don't think you'd be blown out of the water.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment