Sunday 11 November 2012

Grandma Omeis' Spicy Pickled Beans

Last year I was lucky enough to learn how to can spicy pickled beans with a good friend from high school.  The icing on the cake was that she was willing to share her Grandma's recipe with me!  In my opinion, canning is a lost art. To have been given a recipe that is tried tested and true, and passed down through the generations, I was honoured. 

So, when I emptied my last jar a couple of weeks ago, I recruited a couple of my closest friends (I may have enticed them by sharing my beans with them while they lasted) and we got together and made a plethera of spicy pickled beans!  One of the ladies' Grandma used to make spicy pickled cauliflower, so we used cauliflower in one of the jars instead of beans.  Fingers crossed they taste as good as they look in 8 weeks!

I have to apologize for the lack of a recipe.  I couldn't include Grandma Omeis' recipe in this post with a good conscience.  However, I have included a link to a recipe that is somewhat similar.

Thanks for the lovely afternoon of spicy pickled bean making ladies!



No comments:

Post a Comment