So, as I'm sure you guessed, curiosity killed the cat and I turned to Google. Turns out that Chia Fresca (a mixture of chia seeds, water, lime juice and sweetener) has been a popular natural energy drink in Mexico and South America for quite some time.
So, I figured I'd do some experimenting and try it with my holy crap cereal. I mixed 4 tbsp homemade holy crap, the juice of half a lime, and about a cup of water. I shook it up good and let it hang out overnight in the fridge. When I ate it as part of my morning snack the next day, I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was light, refreshing, and very tasty. So, if you're looking to mix up your holy crap consumption, I definitely recommend trying this out.
For those of you who are wondering how to make holy crap, you can find the recipe here: http://myloveoffood-shayne.blogspot.ca/2013/02/homemade-holy-crap-cereal-feed-life.html . For your viewing pleasure, I've also included some interesting facts about the ingredients in holy crap below:
- Chia seeds, hemp seeds and goji berries are all on the Feed Life Starve Cancer top ten cancer fighting foods.
- Hemp seeds are a complete protein, a great source of omega 3's, have lots of fiber and act as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Chia seeds act as a natural detox since they pull toxins away from the intestinal lining. They are also a good source of omega 3's and protein, and act as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Goji berries are high in iron and vitamin C.
- Pumpkin seeds are a good source of zinc which helps decrease healing time.
Feed Life Starve Cancer: http://feedlifestarvecancer.com/wp2/