Friday 5 July 2013

Cotto Enoteca

I couldn't believe my luck this past month.  The other founder of The Food Club had popped me an email saying that she thought we should go to Cotto Enoteca for our next outing and literally the next week I spotted a Social Shopper voucher for Cotto.  What are the odds?

Needless to say, we bought the Social Shopper voucher, went to Cotto and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  The food was fresh, unique and yummy, the atmosphere was a neat mix of comfy-cozy and modern, and the service was good, friendly and real.  That combined with great company and a lot of laughter, it was a great evening!

Things to note: (1) There is plenty of parking right around the restaurant.  (2) Cotto has quite a long bar and TVs, so it's a good place to go for dinner or to watch the game.  (3) They have quite a few long-tables and sections that could accommodate large groups.  (4) They have the greatest Mona Lisa bead curtain I've ever seen!  It's worth the trip to the bathroom just to see it.  (5) They have an amazing patio that looks like it will be completely open air in the summer time and (6) They take reservations.

I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking!

Beet Salad: red & yellow beets, arugula, honey citrus vinaigrette, citrus, fennel, goat
cheese, pine nuts.  I loved this salad!  I wasn't expecting the beets to be sliced thinly but it made the flavours really pop and made the salad a lot more delicate.  I especially loved how citrusy the salad was and the contrast of the pine nuts.  Delicious!  ($10)
  
Tagliatelle Frutti di Mer: prawns, mussels, clams, salmon, halibut, capers, parsley, roasted garlic, lemon zest, white wine, cream.  Very nice dish with an impressive amount of seafood.  ($26)

Chicken Parmesan: breaded chicken roulade, stuffed with fior di latte and herbs, pasta aglio oilo, tomato sauce.  My mouth starts watering just thinking about this dish.  Chicken Parm is one of my favourite Italian meals and this was scrumptious!  Even the pasta that came with it was heavenly.  ($25)

One of the views from our table.

The X that marks the spot.
 
Twitter: @CottoEnoteca

No comments:

Post a Comment