Thursday 11 July 2013

Fresh, Local, Wild...

I recently made my first trip of the year to Fresh, Local, Wild with my long-legged food truck adventuring friend.  Before we even got to the truck, I had a good idea of what I was going to order: the BC Fish Shawarma.  My friend's husband (who will remain nameless, but for those of you who know him, he has one heck of a stare!) had told me fabulous things about the shawarma so, even though I wasn't fully convinced that seafood would work in a shawarma, I had to try it.

Low and behold, it was delicious!  My long-legged friend ordered one as well and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.  I was pleasantly surprised by the plethora of veggies and was impressed with the amount of fish.  All in all, a very yummy lunch.  Word of wisdom, though, grab some napkins.  And then once you've grabbed as many as you think you'll need, grab that amount again.  And, whatever you do, don't make a rookie mistake like I did and eat directly over your lap.  All that yummy goodness doesn't come without a little messiness!

My BC Fish Shawarma: ling cod, halibut, steelhead, tabouleh, red onion, pita, hummus, and hot sauce.  ($10 + tax)
 
The menu.

The X that marks the spot.
 
Twitter: @freshlocalwild

No comments:

Post a Comment