Tuesday 2 July 2013

Herb Garden

One of my favourite parts of summer-time is my herb garden.  There's something peaceful about going out and watering it every morning.  It makes me feel like I have a backyard, and I have fresh herbs at my beck and call...it rocks!  This year I planted parsley, sage, oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, mint, dill and cilantro. 

If you have been toying with the idea of planting a herb garden of your own, do it!  The pots are a bit of an investment (approximately $7 each for top and bottom) but last for years.  As for the herbs themselves, the entire plant normally costs about $3-4, which is a steal of a deal considering buying a pack of fresh herbs normally costs at least $2.  Add in a bag of soil for about $7 (which would be enough for 3 herb gardens) and watering every couple of days you'll have a summer full of fresh herbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment