Wednesday 3 July 2013

East is East

I recently visited East is East's Broadway location and, as per normal, it didn't disappoint!  I'm going to let the food do the rest of the talking, because it most definitely speaks for itself.

My Silk Route Feast: 2 dishes of your choice, dhal soup, organic salad, boulani, roti, garlic pickle, Afghan and basmati rice.  The lovely thing about the Silk Route Feast is you can continue to order dishes until you're full, so you get to try a little bit of everything.  It's fabulous!  There was another lovely lady at my table who ordered the Silk Route Feast so, between the two of us, we were able to try the Afghan Eggplant, Alu Gobi, Spinach Paneer, Mango Butternut Squash, Thai Tofu, Chickpeas, Chicken Masala and Lamb Pan Kebab.  I was going to try and pick my favourites for you, but then realized that I would just list 80% of the dishes from above, so that wouldn't help much!  I'm not going to lie, though, I am a big fan of their veggie dishes.  ($22) 

The most entertaining optometrist that I've ever met's double roti with dhal and salad.  For the life of me I can't remember which fillings he ordered, but he thoroughly enjoyed both of them and they looked darn yummy!  Things that Dr. Double Roti taught me: (1) East is East does not serve alcochol (I had never noticed this before), and (2) you can order two different rotis in a double.  (Approximately $18)

My favourite optometrist in the whole wide world's Silk Route Feast dish.  ($22)

The lady with the greatest haircut ever's single roti with dhal and salad.  (Approximately $14).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment