Thursday 25 July 2013

Pizza at the Fit Family's

I was recently treated to a very yummy and very filling completely homemade pizza by one of the fittest and kindest Moms I know.  She even made the crust!  I was extremely impressed, so couldn't resist including the recipe.  However, I may have been a little sidetracked by her cutie patootie son and forgot to ask for some of the details...so here's my best shot at how to recreate it.  If I missed anything, feel free to comment and correct me Fit Momma!

Ingredients
  • tomatoes
  • onion
  • jalapeno
  • orange pepper
  • salami/pepperoni
  • artichokes
  • cheese
I forgot to ask for the pizza dough recipe, so I've included a link to one that I found on allrecipes.com below.  According to Fit Daddy (a.k.a. Fit Momma's husband...the man who can do anything), you should always use beer where it asks for water in order to make a kick-butt dough.  Fit Momma rolled the dough out and then placed it on a cookie sheet.  I liked the way she did this.  The number of times I've heard of people struggle with pizza stones and getting it circular...this tasted just as good and was very simple.  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pizza-dough-iii/

For the sauce, chop up tomatoes, onions and a jalapeno.  Sauté until the mixture reaches sauce consistency and then set aside.

Slice orange peppers, onions, fresh tomatoes and artichokes, and shred cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, whatever your heart desires).  Ladle the sauce onto the pizza then top with vegetables and meat, then sprinkle with cheese.  Bake around 400F (I think) for about 15 minutes until the dough is cooked and crisp and the cheese is melted.  Eat and enjoy!  Great served with a salad.

Thanks for the lovely dinner and play date fit family!

No comments:

Post a Comment