Monday 8 April 2013

Super frog!

This past Friday night, instead of going out for dinner or drinks, I went to a fundraiser called Train the Trainer at Groundwork Athletics.  It was a blast!  It's an annual fundraiser where the trainers at the gym auction themselves off to the highest bidder for 10 minutes of training payback in support of a charity that encourages kids involvement in sports (this year it was Athletics for Kids).  Kegs of beer, tonnes of wine, yummy snacks, trainers dressed up in funny costumes, fabulous people, and a lot of laughs all led to approximately $5,000 being raised for Athletics for Kids (http://www.a4k.ca/).  Amazing!!

Okay, so what does this have to do with food?  In addition to the trainer auction, they also have a raffle and I won food!!!!  What are the odds of the food blogger winning food?  I was so excited!  I was a little disappointed that I didn't win the Pie Hole pumpkin pie (http://www.vancouverpiehole.com/), but I'm very excited to have some new workout snacks and to try some raw chocolate.

The other relation to food?  Without the trainers at this gym, there's no way I could justify all the yummy goodness that I eat for my blog.  Have no fear, I would still do it, but it would be a lot harder to justify!  The owners and trainers at Groundwork Athletics are good people with kind hearts who know their stuff inside out and will go more than out of their way to help you accomplish whatever goal you have in mind.  So, if you're looking for a change in your workout routine, I highly recommend checking them out...just don't steal my seat in spin! 

http://groundworkathletics.ca/

My winnings!!!  Protein crunch, Vega endurance gel, Chialicious drink mix, Giddy Yo Yo 89% raw dark chocolate and a $20 giftcard to The Buzz Café.  Look out Buzz Café, I feel a chai and scrabble challenge coming your way!!


Super frog doing some burpees and push ups on Granville!


The GWA crew!


No comments:

Post a Comment