Tuesday 27 August 2013

Grilled Salmon with Tomato Salsa

I'm not going to lie, cooking fish is one of those things I've always been a little bit afraid of.  I don't know why.  Normally I'm in my happy place when I'm cooking away, but when I pull that fish out of the fridge...unless it's salmon and I'm barbecuing it, I get a little nervous.  So, I made a concerted effort to learn how to cook fish this year.  Why?  I love it!  And I figure if I get to the point where I look forward to cooking it, I'll eat more of it.

So, when I saw this recipe for Grilled Sockeye Salmon in Glowbal's e-newsletter, I couldn't resist giving it a try!  The result?  It was nice.  I generally prefer my fish with a bit of citrus, but I enjoyed this and can see myself making it in the winter time.  I've included the link to the original recipe, and have also included my version of the recipe below.

Ingredients
  • Salmon (approximately 100-150g per person)
  • Tomatoes (approximately 1 plum tomato per person)
  • Garlic (approximately 1 small clove minced per person)
  • Basil (4 leaves torn per person)
  • Black pepper (2 grinds per person)
  • Olive oil (1 tbsp. per person)
Mix the tomatoes, garlic, basil, black pepper and olive oil in a small oven-friendly dish (I used the cheese dish that I use for brie) and pop into your toaster oven at 400F for about 10-15 minutes...until the goodies start to caramelize.  At the same time, BBQ your salmon until cooked to desired doneness.  Plate the salmon and spoon the salsa overtop.  Enjoy!

Glowbal Group's Grilled Salmon

Dinner!

Twitter: @Glowbal_Group

No comments:

Post a Comment