Monday 26 August 2013

Soho Road Naan Kebab

So, I'm not going to lie, despite the tantalizing smells that always seeped from the Soho Road food truck, I had always avoided it.  I know, I know...but in my defense, I had been mislead.  I had been told that they strictly serve a skewer of meat on naan.  I love naan and I love a good skewer of meat, but I want a bit more than meat on naan for lunch.

Then came my love of The Pie Hole and the recommendation from The Pie Hole's creator that I had to try Soho Road...that it was her favourite food truck.  Now, I figured if someone who spends every Sunday at Food Cart Fest and makes as pies as delicious as she does...there has to be something to this Soho Road. 

Well, let me tell you folks, Soho Road is most definitely not just kebabs on naan.  It is traditional UK tandoori on fresh naan with all sorts of yummy veggies and sauces.  It is heavenly and is most definitely one of my favourite food trucks out there!  My only regret is that it took me so long to try it!  Oh well, guess I'll just have to make up for lost time...

Things to note: (1) Soho Road accepts cash and credit.  (2) They're located on the SW corner of Georgia and Granville (right in front of the VCC Canada Line entrance). (3) The lady working in the truck is lovely, thoroughly enjoys her job and is full of wisdom...so don't be afraid to ask if you have a question! and (4) This food truck is too good not to try folks, so get your butts down there!

The X that marks the spot.

The menu!  Don't even mess with the small...the large is where it's at.

My Hariali Chicken Naan Kebab: hariali chicken (chicken with a mint and cilantro sauce), mint chutney, fresh veggie salsa (I believe), what looked like a yogurt-based sauce, on fresh naan.  Scrumdidliumptious!  And the perfect size for lunch.  Just be careful when you eat the end...it's full of ooey gooey goodness.  ($10)

My cycling and lunching partner in crime's Lamb Seekh.  I'm not going to lie, I was too busy salivating over my own Naan Kebab to pay attention to what went into hers.  However, the finished product looked amazing and I got a first hand quote that it was delicious!  ($12)

@SohoRoad

No comments:

Post a Comment