Monday 19 August 2013

Super Thai

I don't know about you, but new food trucks seem to be popping up left, right and center in Vancouver.  I love it!!!  I was super excited when I checked the Vancouver Food App the other day and discovered Super Thai.  So excited, that my long-legged food truck venturing friend and I decided that we should try it for lunch that very day.  The conclusion?  Lovely, yummy, authentic (as far as I could tell, but I'm not a Thai expert), fresh (each dish is made fresh to order), solid portions and good prices.  Definitely one to try.  So, let the pictures tantalize your taste buds and then get your butts down there to satisfy them!

Things to note: (1) Cash only.  (2) Super Thai is located at Granville and Hastings.  (3) As the food is made fresh to order, there is a bit of a wait to order and then get your dish.  But the freshness makes up for it.  (4) At first my long-legged food trucking adventuring friend and I were at a loss as to where we could sit to eat our meal.  We decided we'd meander further North to the Vancouver Sun building.  Low and behold, there are benches and picnic tables overlooking the North Shore, port and railway tracks, just to the right of the Vancouver Sun building.  It was amazing!

 Pad Thai: rice noodles, chicken, tofu, shrimp, egg, bean sprouts and peanuts on the side.  Yummy in my tummy!  ($8.00)
 
Thai Green Curry with Chicken: coconut milk, eggplant, green beans and basil.  Served with Jasmine Rice.  ($8.50)  Very nice.
 
The menu.
 
The X that marks the spot.

The panoramic view from our picnic table!

 

Twitter: @superthaifood

No comments:

Post a Comment