Thursday, 1 August 2013

House Salad - Whitewater Cooks

When I was over at the Fit Family's house recently, I noticed that Fit Momma had the Whitewater Cooks at Home cookbook.  I always have a hard time narrowing down which recipe to try since they all sound so good, so I asked Fit Momma if there were any she would recommend and she said the House Salad.  When I read it over, it sounded good but not like anything special so I figured I'd make it to go with my lunches for the week.  My assessment of not anything special wrong sure was wrong!  Seriously a spectacular salad!  I had some with my lunch on the weekend to make sure I liked it and I had to have a talking to myself about leaving some for my lunches that week.  Yet another Whitewater Cooks recipe that you could whip up for lunches or for when you have guests over.  I love how easy and versatile they are!  Okay, on to my version of the recipe:

Ingredients
  • 1 head of lettuce (I used green leaf since that's what was at the farmer's market)
  • 1 large beet or 2 medium size beets, grated (yet another reason I love my food processor...no more red hands!)
  • 2 Roma-size tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds, toasted
  • 1/2 cup of fresh dill, chopped
  • 1/2 cup of feta, crumbled
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 dashes salt
  • 4-5 grinds of pepper
  • 1 tbsp. of chopped dill
Clean and tear/chop up the lettuce into your serving bowl.  Sprinkle the grated beets, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, dill and feta over top.  In a small container (I used a small canning jar) combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and tablespoon of dill.  Shake to combine well.  Pour over the salad, or serve on the side.  Serves 4 generous servings.

The House Salad!

Lunch!  Olive Rosemary bread care of Pure Bread...amazing!
 
 
Twitter: @Purebreadwhis

1 comment:

  1. WARNING!

    There’s JUST ONE REASON you might fail on the Paleo Diet and it has everything to do with your ability to make delicious food, FAST.

    But now, with this stunningly simple cookbook I’ll show you how to cook savory, mouth-watering meals in minutes for some of the busiest Paleo eaters in the world...

    For more info please click on the following link: How To Cook Tasty Dishes

    Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete