Friday 26 October 2012

Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria

We were craving some sustenance after our fun-filled time at Vancouver Urban Winery so we headed to a pizzeria that had been recommended to me by a lady who knows her food and loves it as much as I do.  She definitely made a great recommendation.

The pizza was the way pizza should be, in my opinion.  I don't think anything will ever beat the pizza that I had in Napoli, but this came darn close!  It was so good that four of us inhaled three pizzas in about 10 minutes flat.  Everyone agreed it was delicious, as were the drinks (caesars, red wine, sangria, beer and limoncello lemonade).

The restaurant itself was very nice and the people working there were super friendly, easy-going and kind.  Definitely the sort of place you can go for a yummy meal and then stay for another drink and visit the night away.

If you're in a pizza mood, you should definitely try this restaurant!

The Capriocciosa: italian ham, roasted mushrooms, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, and extra virgin olive oil.  A popular Italian standard and my absolute favourite!

The Cavoletti: Bianca sauce, fresh mozzarella, oven-roasted Brussels sprouts, prosciutto crisps, gorgonzola cheese, dates, walnuts, and a drizzle of honey.  Very yummy.  More of a sweet pizza but it was very good.

The Abruzzo: Oven-roasted Italian sausage, slivered red onions, roasted mushrooms, fennel seeds, and smoked mozzarella.  Mouth wateringly good.

Some darn good Sangria!
 
The missing dessert picture: Limoncello Lemonade.  Yummy goodness.

2 comments:

  1. I just went to new Famoso location in The Annex! It was fabulous -- I also highly recommend! The owner there is reaching out to UofT & the Varsity Blues teams - it was a great experience. Will definitely go again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea they were in Ontario as well. That's great! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    Best of luck at Nationals this week Malinda!

    ReplyDelete