Tuesday 2 October 2012

Spaghetti Squash

Tonight I tried a scrumptious new Baked Spaghette Squash recipe from the Whitewater Cooks at Home recipe book.  I'm normally a fan of spaghetti squash, but this took it to a whole other level. 

To replicate this yumminess, bake the spaghetti squash by cutting it in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, place it skin side up in a baking dish, pour about a cup of water over the squash, and cover the dish with tinfoil.  It will probably take around 45 minutes to bake at 350F.  Once cooked, scoop the spaghetti squash into a bowl (be careful you don't burn yourself!), and mix with about a quarter cup of butter, the juice of one lemon, 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, a big handful of parsley chopped, and 3 to 4 dashes of nutmeg.  It was out of this world!  I served it as a side to one of my all-time favourite recipes, lemon chicken pasta, and I liked the squash so much that the lemon-chicken pasta took the back seat in terms of eating order!  In my opinion you could also swap the butter for olive oil and the parmesan cheese for whatever type of cheese you have in the fridge (e.g. cheddar) quite easily.

If you haven't heard of, or don't have, the Whitewater Cooks cookbooks, I highly recommend them.  They are definitely worth the investment.  Plus, if you buy them online at Chapters, you will save approximately 40% off the in-store list price and get free shipping if you spend over $25 before tax. 

Baked Spaghetti Squash care of Whitewater Cooks at Home

Dinner!  Apologies for not including the Lemon Chicken Pasta recipe.  It was given to me by a friend and it was her Grandma's recipe.  I may be willing to divulge my family's cooking secrets, but I didn't feel it was right to divulge another family's cooking secrets without permission.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment