- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds (I used toasted sesame seeds because that's what I had on hand)
- 1 cup almonds (crushed, slivered or sliced...depending on how dark you like them)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp dried ginger (the spice, not the raw root)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (use the real stuff!)
- 1 cup dried fruit (my favourite is cranberries)
This granola is really nice. Hearty and full of flavour, but not hard as rock. It was a really nice change. If you're a home-made granola fan, you should definitely try this recipe out.
Note: the original recipe calls for brown sugar, but when I went to add mine I discovered that I had forgot to store it with a piece of bread in it so the sugar was rock hard (I'll learn one day Mom). However, I quite enjoyed it without it, so I don't think it's necessary.
Cooling and waiting for the cranberries to be mixed in.