Wednesday 26 June 2013

Yolk's

I have been dying to try Yolk's food truck for quite some time.  What could be better than brunch from a food truck?  Well...to be honest, nothing.  The options were great, the service made me chuckle, the food was ready quickly, and the meal was delicious!  If you're looking for a fun outdoor brunch option on a warm, sunny day, definitely head down to Yolk's.

Things to note: (1) They are located at the corner of Beatty and Dunsmuir.  (2) They accept VISA.  (3) Their juice is not freshly squeezed but is still very yummy, and (4) There's a lovely grassy area right across the street to eat your food.

The truck! So cute.
 
The menu.

Specials of the day.

Yolk's Special Juice ($3.25) and a Cold Pressed Iced Latté ($4).  I have no idea what was in Yolk's Special Juice, but it was delightful.

My single free-range egg sandwich with double smoked bacon, arugula, hollandaise sauce and english muffin with a truffle-lemon hashbrown skewer.  ($9.70)  Absolutely delightful!  The most gourmet and messiest breakfast sandwich I've ever had (they soft poach the eggs), and the potatoes were delightful...especially with their specialty spicy ketchup.

Polderside Farms Fried Chicken and Waffles. ($9.50)  When my brunching partner in crime ordered this, I thought they were a wee bit off their rocker.  I have never found the thought of fried chicken and waffles appetizing.  However, this partner in crime was not taking no for an answer when they offered me a tasted, so I tried it....I may have found my new food weakness folks!  The crunchy saltiness of the fried chicken with the sweetness of the waffles and syrup...unreal!  

Our gorgeous brunch view.
 
Twitter: @YolksBreakfast
 

No comments:

Post a Comment