Wednesday 5 December 2012

Christmas Advent Calendar

Seeing as though I'm a big kid at heart, each and every year I buy myself an advent calendar.  They're just so much fun!  When else do you get to have a scrumptious chocolate with breakfast?  
 
Well, this year I decided to treat myself and buy the Lindt advent calendar.  I'd looked at them with envy every year, but just couldn't justify $12 for an advent calendar in comparison to the $1.99 no-name brand price tag.  However, this past week I discovered that the Lindt calendars go on sale for $7.99 one week before December.  All of my restraint instantly went out the window.  I can't even explain how excited I was for December 1st!
 
On December 1st, I opened up my advent calendar and instead of a cute snowflake chocolate, or holly chocolate, it was a little round ball with a Christmas design on the tinfoil.  It was a little disappointing.  After eating the chocolate I can most definitely vouch that the chocolate is a heck of a lot better than the no-name chocolate and I still get excited for my advent calendar every day, but it would be so much more fun if they had Christmas scene chocolates instead.  So, if any Lindt chocolatiers are reading this...please make my Christmas wish come true!  
 
My pristine advent calendar.

 Day 1's ball

The Christmas scene from Day 2's chocolate ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment