Sunday 9 December 2012

Lemony Lentil Soup

As I'm sure you've started to realize, I'm a sucker for soup in the winter.  It's so warm, comforting and filling...it literally makes me happy on the inside and out on a cold day.  So, when I had a friend over for dinner recently, I decided to make the Whitewater Cooks Lemony Lentil Soup for dinner. 

To say that this is my favourite soup in the whole entire world would be a complete and utter understatement.  I literally love this soup.  To be honest, it is actually the culprit that started my love affair with the Whitewater Cooks cookbooks.  For about a year, whenever I went to a friend's for dinner and said, "This is really yummy.  Where did you get the recipe?" without fail, it came from one of the Whitewater Cooks cookbooks.  Each time I thought, "Hmm.  I should look into those."  However, when I had this soup at a friend's place I was blown away by it and there was no turning back.  I went home that night and instantly ordered all three of the Whitewater Cooks cookbooks.

Due to my stealthy googling skills, I managed to find the exact recipe I used online (the only difference is that they used chicken stock and I used vegetable stock) and have included the link below so you can try it out for yourself and enjoy its spectacularness.  I'm sure when you look at the recipe you'll think to yourself "That Shayne girl is off her rocker.  There's no way that these basic ingredients make a soup that tastes as good as she claims."  Trust me, it does.  I have no idea how, but it is amazing!  There is so much flavour that your spoon will be attracted to your bowl like a paper clip to a magnet.  And if you don't trust me, I quote my dinner guest: "This soup is epic."  When I laughed and said thank you, it's actually very simple, she stopped me and said, "No, you don't understand.  I really like food and I reserve the use of the word epic to describe very few dishes that I truly believe are epic.  I would pay a big price tag, at an expensive restaurant for a bowl of this soup."  And, not to toot my own horn or anything, but she joined me for my Les Faux Bourgeois outing and the word epic did not escape her mouth once.

So, the long and the short of it is that you have to try this recipe!  Get cooking folks.

The Lemony Lentil Soup simmering away.

The Greek salad I made to go with the Lemony Lentil soup.

Dinner!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment