Friday 21 December 2012

The way to a woman's heart...

Most men would say the way to a woman's heart is through a little blue box with the word Tiffany's on it.  Not me.  The way to my heart is through a little brown box with the words Thomas Haas on it.

Now, generally I am more of a salty person than a sweet person, but these chocolates are melt in your mouth to die for delicious.  I literally go into a mini happy food coma each time I bite into one. 

This year our office received two boxes of these delicious chocolates as a part of the Christmas gift baskets.  Lucky for me, the folks receiving the baskets are very thoughtful and share their gift boxes with the rest of the office.  We normally have a gift basket afternoon where we eat and drink our way through them, but the Thomas Haas chocolates were broken into a wee bit early because it was a shame to let them sit in a bag and not be eaten.

There was just over one chocolate per person, so I politely took my one.  I opted for the Raspberry: silky dark chocolate ganache paired with a thin layer of pure raspberry, topped with a hand painted chocolate plaquette.  AMAZING!!  When I went back into the kitchen about three hours later, I figured whatever was left was fair game and took the Caramel with fluer de sel: a combination of bittersweet chocolate ganache and silky golden caramel with a sprinkle of fleur de sel.  This may have been the best chocolate to have ever entered my mouth.  My taste buds even air mailed me a thank you postcard.  When I came in the following morning and saw that the chocolates hadn't been finished....well...it was time for another!  This time I had the Passion Fruit: silky dark chocolate ganache paired with a thin layer of passion fruit and tahitian vanilla, topped with a hand painted chocolate plaquette.  Greatest morning snack ever!

So, in closing, I'd like to say, thank you Thomas Haas.  You make the world a better place.

And just to ensure that there's no confusion, I'd definitely never complain about getting a little blue box. 

The little brown box that gets my tastebuds a dancing.

Deciding which yummy scrumptiousness to have for my morning snack.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment