Saturday 12 January 2013

Banana Vanilla Oat Yumminess

When I woke up this morning, I was famished!  So, I figured it was a good opportunity to try out a new recipe that one of my favourite bloggers posted last week.  And boy was I happy that I did.  It was delicious!  Imagine oats, banana, cinnamon and vanilla combined.  A great way to start the weekend.
 
Things to note:
  1. I substituted butter for the coconut oil partially because I didn't have coconut oil and partially because I drank one too many glasses of wine last night and was craving some morning greasiness. 
  2. I also substituted skim milk for the almond milk, since I didn't have any almond milk on hand, and the recipe still turned out great. 
  3. I chose to top mine with cranberries and I really liked the contrast of the tartness and sweetness, but I don't think you could go wrong with any toppings.
  4. And last but not least, out of curiosity, I plunked the recipe into my handy dandy food analyzer and it turns out that this meal (the way I made it) is 470 calories, with 10 grams of fat, 15 grams of protein, 2 fruit and vegetable servings, 0.5 of a grain serving and 1 milk serving.
Enjoy!
 
Cooking away.

The finished product.  Yum yum in my tum tum.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment