Sunday 20 January 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen...Start Your Engines...

...because it's officially Dine-Out season!  For those of you who aren't familiar with Dine-Out, it started on January 18th and goes until February 3rd.  The bundle of restaurants throughout the lower mainland participating put together a set menu for a set price which normally consists of an appy, main and dessert for either $18, $28 or $38.  I thoroughly enjoy it because it provides a good opportunity to try some new restaurants for generally a bit of a discount.  I've included the link where you can search the restaurants involved and check out the menus to see what they're offering.

My first Dine-Out experience this year was at The Establishment.  I'd heard good things about this restaurant and their $28 Dine-Out menu looked yummy, so I headed their with two of my favourite ladies to share a meal and glass of wine with.  The meal was yummy and the company fabulous!  I've included pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Orange Infused Beet & Goat Cheese Salad with a roasted shallot lemon vinaigrette and pomegranate reduction.  I had this and enjoyed it.  I was expecting it to be a bit more beety, but it was still very good.

 Chef Bongo's Famous African Peanut Soup.  One of the lovely ladies I was with had this soup and thoroughly enjoyed it.  She said it was similar in flavours to the spicy peanut sauce served with satay but with vegetables and a soup consistency.

Moroccan Spiced Ahi Tuna with pickled papaya puree and drizzled with a honey-wasbi vinaigrette.  This disappeared from lovely lady #2's plate in about 2.4 seconds...so, I assumed it was pretty tasty.

White Miso Black Cod in a sake, coconut, and kaffir lime broth, served with baby steamed potatoes, edamame beans, cherry tomatoes, and butternut squash.  Lovely lady #2 thoroughly enjoyed this dinner.

Bison Striploin, marinated with juniper berry and fresh herbs, finished with a blueberry port-wine demi sauce and accompanied with celeriac puree and fresh seasonal vegetables.  Very yummy in my tummy!  As was the $32 bottle of Circus Malbec.  I couldn't believe that we could get a bottle of wine for under $40.  Score!  And just to clarify, that was yummy in all of our tummies. 

New York Cheesecake, with a fresh mango coulee.  You can never go wrong with cheesecake.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment