Thursday 17 January 2013

Berries and chia and kale..oh my!

So, normally I'm not a huge fan of smoothies for breakfast in the winter.  Mainly because when I wake up my apartment is a wee bit chilly, so something warm like oatmeal is a heck of a lot more enticing than a cold smoothie.  However, this morning I had a crazy craving for one of my favourite smoothies and it was absolutely delicious!  I got the initial idea from a blog I like to follow (link below) and switch it up bit by bit, based on what I have in my fridge.  I've included today's yummy concoction below.

Berries and Chia and Kale...oh my!
Pop all of the following into your favourite blender.  I find if you add it in this order, it blends up the best...or at least I like to think it does!
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 banana, broken into pieces
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup or 3 heaping tbsp yogurt
  • 1 tbsp flaxseed oil (note: for those of you without a dishwasher, by adding the ingredients in this order, you also only use one spoon...wahoo!)
  • 1/2 cup or a handful of kale
  • 1/2 cup or a handful of raspberries
Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment