Saturday 26 January 2013

Bob Likes Thai Food...the Best Thai I've Ever Had!

So, I'd been hearing good things about Bob Likes Thai Food.  How it was authentic home-style Thai food.  I was having a hard time believing it with a name like Bob Likes Thai Food, but it tickled my curiosity so I decided to go give it a shot the other day.  It was amazing!!  And when I say amazing, think of the best Thai food you've ever had, then imagine that the Thai food you're going to have is so good that you can't even compare your old favourite Thai food to it.  I also loved the restaurant itself.  It had a lot of pizazz, was bright and fun, but so comfy cozy at the same time.  And the service was spectacular.

Now...on to the food!

Fish Cakes with Cucumber Relish: Basa fish with red curry paste, green beans and lime leaf.  I wasn't sure what to expect from the cucumber relish but it rocked.  Really made the fish cakes pop.  ($11)

Pad Thai: a Thai classic of fried rice noodles with prawns, smoked tofu, peanuts, egg, bean sprouts and chives.  Hands down the best pad thai I've ever had.  I could have eaten the whole dish myself.  Okay, I'll be honest, I almost did! ($13)

Eggplant Pad Ka Pow: eggplant sauteed with basil, bell pepper, garlic and chili.  This eggplant was cooked brilliantly and had the most amazing flavours.  I would order this dish again in a heartbeat.  ($12)

My Hibiscus Juice.  The person I went for dinner with had grown up drinking Hibiscus juice and was very excited to see it on the menu, so I figured I had to give it a try.  It was amazing!  Imagine a cran-soda, but now cross the cranberry juice with blackberry and raspberry juice.  Such a powerful, fruity, but refreshing drink.  This is a must-try if you ask me.  ($3) 

The view from our table towards the front of the restaurant at the Broadway location.

The view from our table towards the back of the restaurant and the kitchen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment