Monday 14 January 2013

Poached Eggs that Like to Salsa

One of my favourite things to eat on the weekends is poached eggs on toast.  Sometimes I have it for breakfast, sometimes for lunch and sometime for dinner.  It's such a treat and leaves you with a warm fuzzy feeling. 

I was extra hungry on this particular day, so I decided to try something new.  I toasted up my bread, then sliced up half an avocado and laid the slices down on the bread.  Next I spooned some famous and delicious homemade Neville salsa on top of the avocados, sprinkled on some grated cheese and topped it all off with a couple of medium poached eggs.  It was delicious!  And very filling.  Almost like eggs benny without the hollandaise sauce.  And, for dessert?  A ruby red grapefruit.  Yummy in my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment