Tuesday 12 February 2013

Homemade Holy Crap Cereal - Feed Life Starve Cancer

I decided it was officially time to start making some of the yummy Feed Life Starve Cancer recipes for myself, and I figured there was no better place to start than with breakfast.  This is their All-In-One Breakfast Cereal which I've been told is essentially a homemade version of the Holy Crap cereal that costs an arm and a leg.  It was super easy to make and the cinnamon made it really yummy.  I took it as my morning snack for work, which was great.  However, I'm not so sure that the portion I made would have sustained me fully for breakfast before a morning workout.  So, I'd recommend playing around with portions a bit, depending on when you want to eat it.  Enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup hemp seeds
  • 1/2 cup buckwheat grouts
  • 1/2 cup goji berries
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
Place all ingredients in a glass container and keep in a cool dark place.

I discovered that everything fit perfectly into a large canning jar, which made storage and mixing really easy.
 
To eat, mix 4 tbsp of the cereal with 1 cup of milk (hemp, almond, cow).  You can let it soak in the fridge overnight or wait 15 minutes and enjoy.  The chia seeds absorb the milk and become a pudding, so if you want a thinner consistency, add more milk.
 
My snack!  I used skim milk and transported the milk and cereal together in a small canning jar to work.  It sat for about 30 minutes before I ate it and it was still a pretty thin consistency, so I think I'm going to try shaking it up a bit and letting it sit overnight next time.  Let me tell you, though, 1 cup of strawberries is a kick butt topping!

No comments:

Post a Comment