Tuesday 5 February 2013

Hot Lemon Water with Ginger

This is probably going to come as a complete and utter shock to the majority of you, but I don't drink coffee.  Insert gasp here.  When I was a kid, I didn't like the taste of it and, to be honest, I didn't want to stunt my growth so I never learned to like it.  So, instead I often drink herbal tea.

However, recently I've started drinking hot lemon water.  Each morning when I get into the office, I squeeze the juice of a quarter lemon into a mug and fill the rest with freshly boiled water.  I got the idea when I discovered that lemon juice is a natural liver cleanser...it might have also helped when Julianna Margulies (Alicia Florick from The Good Wife) accredited her in-shapeness to her cup of lemon water every morning.  Anyways...the hot lemon water is flavourful, refreshing, and gives you that same warm morning feeling as I'm sure a cup of coffee does.  The only thing you have to be careful about is that you don't brush your teeth immediately afterwards.  Word on the street is that it's hard on your enamel.

After going to the Feed Life Starve Cancer seminar, I started adding about 1/2 tsp of grated ginger to my lemon water as well.  It adds a serious kick and tastes fabulous with the lemon juice.  I grate mine quite tiny, so it doesn't bother me when I drink it, but I'm sure if you were to add the grated ginger in a tea infuser it would taste just as delicious.  According to the Feed Life Starve Cancer seminar, ginger is one of the dozen foods that starve cancer, and it also acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, anti-nauseant and is good for digestion.

My morning Hot Lemon Water with Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment