They have sandwiches and soup amongst other dishes, but the reason we went there was for the Filipino Lunch Specials:
- Monday: Pork Adobo - pork ribs cooked in soy sauce, vinegar and garlic
- Tuesday: Bistek with Pickled Cucumber - beef cooked in soy sauce and lemon juice
- Wednesday: Kare Kare - beef and pork cooked in peanut butter sauce
- Thursday: Daing na Bangus with Mungo - marinated boneless milkfish with mung bean soup
- Friday: Jollibee Fried Chicken with sweet spaghetti
As for the sweet spaghetti, it is exactly what it sounds like. Spaghetti but sweeter with hot dogs. My colleague explained that this is traditionally served at kids birthday parties, so the sauce was made sweeter since kids prefer sweet sauces and hot dogs were added because what kid doesn't like hot dogs? So, the long and the short of it is that this is one of the ultimate Filipino comfort foods.
The food was yummy and it was a great learning experience, so I definitely couldn't complain! If you're in the mood for some Filipino food, you should make your way to Symphonie Restaurant on Pender between Thurlow and Bute.
My Jollibee Fried Chicken with Sweet Spaghetti. ($7.95 tax included)