A Dozen Habits to Nourish Your Life was a three hour seminar jam-packed full of more yummy recipes (all free of animal products, sugar, wheat and dairy), along with twelve tips to help you improve your healing potential. Yet again, Eden and Colin were fabulous presenters and my good friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the class. I've included the dozen habits to nourish your life below, along with pictures of the yummy goodness that we got to taste throughout the night. I'm definitely going to be making some of these in the future, so stay tuned for recipes and secret details as to why some of the ingredients are so good for you. Thanks again for a fabulous evening Eden and Colin!
The Dozen Habits to Nourish Your Life
- Have a glass of lemon water when you wake up in the morning. This preps and wakes up your digestive system for the day ahead.
- Have a green smoothie every morning.
- Keep your body moving through exercise and breathing.
- Manage stress constructively.
- Stay hydrated.
- Think ahead and prepare your food for the week.
- Nourish your skin. (Eden gave us a recipe for a homemade facial mask!)
- Avoid labels.
- Eat a salad every day.
- Spend your time with positive people.
- Breathe and watch your thoughts.
- Create a sleeping sanctuary for restful sleep.
Westcoast spread on gluten free crackers. This spread was designed to taste like tuna salad and boy did it ever. We ate it on crackers but Eden suggested eating it in a wrap or making sushi out of it as well, which sounded like a great idea.
Raw zucchini hummus. I never thought about making hummus from anything but chickpeas, but this recipe definitely changed my mind about that. It was flavourful and refreshing, all in one.
Believe it or not, this is zucchini pasta! They demo'd a spectacular handheld machine called a Spirooli. You stick your zucchini in it, and out comes pasta like strands of zucchini. Amazing! The sauce on top was called Tangy Tahini and it was very yummy. Full of tartness, which is right up my alley.
And no meal is complete without dessert. You are currently looking at Gooey Chocolate Squares with Pumpkin Maca frosting. Definitely an enjoyable way to finish the evening.