Monday 25 March 2013

Nuba

How I'd never been to this absolutely fantabulous restaurant is beyond me and I am most definitely indebted to one of my favourite cycling friends for introducing me to it.  I live for garlic, lemon juice and any sort of middle eastern or mediterranean inspired food, so Nuba was right up my alley!  The food was so flavourful but healthy, the atmosphere funky yet homey, the service friendly and easy going, and there was a fair chunk of natural light.  I was literally in food heaven and, I'm no psychic, but I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot more of Nuba in my future.

Things to note: (1) The service is nice and relaxed.  So, if you're planning on going for a work lunch, work a longer lunch into your schedule.  (2) The water they serve you is flavoured with cucumbers.  Awesome!  (3) You can get a side order of Najib's (the yummy goodness pictured below) for only $1!  I highly recommend this option. 

My Lamb Kibbeh: grilled grain-fed halal lamb patty, vegetables, pinenuts, burghul and aromatic spices served with hummus, salad, pickled cabbage, olives, pita, roasted potatoes, tzatziki and home-made hot sauce.  ($12.50)  Supercalafragelisticexpialidocious!

Our side order of Najib's: crispy cauliflower tossed with lemon and sea salt, served with tahini.  ($1)  Delicious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment