Thursday 14 March 2013

Enigma

The definition of "enigma" is "a person or thing that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand."  However, there is nothing mysterious or puzzling to understand about the restaurant Enigma on 10th Ave.  It is plain old delicious and a great place to enjoy a meal.  As for my golf game...now that definitely falls into the definition of an enigma!
 
I had heard fabulous things about Enigma for quite some time, so I was quite excited when I got to enjoy their brunch first hand this past weekend.  I was impressed not only with the food, but the South African lady who owns the restaurant.  She was there the entire time and went to each and every table to ask how people enjoyed their meals.  Plus, she even helped clean and set up tables when things got busy.  It was refreshing to see. 

Now...on to the food!
 
You're not going to believe this, but every table gets a complimentary plate of home-made absolutely scrumptious banana bread when you first sit down.  It definitely made my day!

My friend's Sautéed South African Sausage Breakfast: SA sausage (Boerewors) served on toasted multigrain, topped with sautéed onions, tomatoes, bacon, mushrooms and chutney.  Served with 2 eggs, any style, and hash browns.  ($12.50)  My friend's official conclusion?  Delicious!

 
My Boerewors Omelette: boerewors with sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and mozzarella.  Served with toasted multigrain, fruit and a choice of hashbrowns, greens or grilled tomatoes.  ($11)  There wasn't as much boerewors in the omelette as I had hoped for, but the omelette was still delicious, the multigrain bread was great and the tomatoes grilled to perfection!

The best way ever to work off brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment