Tuesday 12 March 2013

Sakana

Last week I went for a long-awaited lunch with a friend who I met through our love of cycling.  We figured that we spend enough time working out together and it was about time that we started eating together!  At her recommendation, we went to Sakana in Yaletown for sushi.  Great atmosphere, fabulous service and very yummy food.  I've officially added it as one of my sushi favourites!

Things to note: It gets extremely busy at lunch time, so I would recommend arriving at 11:45 to ensure you get a seat.

My friend's Healthy Lunch: soba salad (buckwheat noodles & organic spring greens), brown rice avocado cucumber roll, agédashi tofu, miso soup and brown rice.  ($9.50)  We were both blown away with the amount of food that came with this meal.  It was unreal!  I'll definitely order this in the future.

My Lunch Box A: assorted sashimi, assorted tempura, chicken breast teriyaki, california roll, miso soup, rice and fresh fruit.  ($14)  Absolutely delicious and just the right amount of food.  Truly a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment